Extremely partaking and with a trending tradition that may skyrocket an artist’s profession in a matter of days, TikTok is probably the most essential social media platform for musicians proper now, because it lets your music be found by a diversified and lively viewers keen to seek out hidden gems throughout the online.
There have been so many profitable tales of artists who had considered one of their songs included in a video that went viral. Nevertheless, to turn into the following TikTok sensation, you will need to first get your music within the platform’s library.
Beforehand I talked about the best way to get your music on Instagram, and in the present day, you’ll be taught the steps to get your music on TikTok and how one can promote your music on the platform whereas having enjoyable creating movies and interesting along with your viewers and different creators.
Let’s dive in!
TikTok, in a nutshell
Let’s begin with the fundamentals. TikTok is an app for sharing short-form movies.
In 2021, it was probably the most downloaded cell app, reaching 1 billion lively customers, with 30.8M every day lively customers on iOS and 14.43M on Android. Since then, many creators, together with musicians, have turned to TikTok to advertise their music. Because of this so many indie musicians additionally began to add their music to the app.
TikTok has turn into one of many major platforms for locating music, driving visitors to streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube Music. Having your music on TikTok, obtainable for different content material creators to us, can open up many alternatives to increase your viewers.
Get your music on TikTok
Step 1. Put together your tracks for distribution
Bear in mind, it’s essential to combine and grasp your songs professionally so that they’ll attain the requirements of TikTok’s library.
In case you don’t have expertise with mastering, you should utilize the numerous choices obtainable for on-line mastering. There are debates about utilizing AI to grasp songs, however it’s a good selection while you don’t have the cash to rent a mastering engineer.
Step 2. Add your music to TikTok
There are two methods to add your music to TikTok to create a video and make it obtainable on your followers and different customers: you possibly can manually add it within the app, or use a distributor. Let’s analyze each strategies.
Add your music as a sound
TikTok means that you can add your music as a sound on your movies. While you add an authentic sound like this, you’ll additionally enable different TikTok creators to make use of it of their content material. Importing your music will make you the unique creator, and when folks discover a video along with your track, they’ll monitor again to your profile and observe you.
The steps to add your music manually as a sound are the next:
- File your video with the monitor you wish to use.
- Choose the My Sound tab and click on Add so as to add your track to your video.
- Rename your sound’s Observe Identify and Artist Identify by clicking the profile photograph within the backside proper nook.
- End modifying the video and publish it.
Importing your music as a sound is a simple and fast approach to get your music on TikTok. Plus, it’s free! Nevertheless, should you add it this manner, your music received’t be obtainable in TikTok’s music library.
You possibly can select this methodology to advertise music earlier than the official launch: construct momentum utilizing a teaser after which launch your track via a distributor, so anybody can seek for it within the music library as soon as it’s launched.
Add your music to TikTok’s music library with a distributor
Opting to get your music on TikTok with a distributor is handy if you end up already releasing music on different platforms. If you have already got a distributor, it might probably get your music on TikTok for you.
Loads of corporations will distribute your music on TikTok both at no cost, for a price, or by taking a share of your revenues. They will even provide help to gather royalties from TikTok when your music is used to create a video.
Right here’s my high 5 distributor checklist for you should you don’t know anybody:
- With RouteNote, you possibly can add to most streaming platforms and digital shops, together with TikTok, at no cost, protecting 85% of your royalties. Alternatively, you possibly can improve to the Premium plan to maintain 100% of your royalties for a price.
- TuneCore is one other distributor that may add your music to TikTok at no cost, protecting 80% of your royalties.
- Amuse’s Increase plan distributes to TikTok for $24.99 yearly. It means that you can schedule limitless releases whereas protecting 100% royalties.
- Ditto provides a 30-day trial to add your songs to TikTok and take a look at their companies like analytics and 100% of your royalties. After the trial interval, the Artist plan is $19 per 12 months.
- The most effective distributors for indie artists is Distrokid. It means that you can add limitless albums and songs, limitless lyrics, and 100% of your royalties for $22.99 yearly.
The submission course of varies relying on the distributor, however most observe these steps:
- Join your most well-liked distributor.
- Add your songs via the distributor submission part. You’ll find it in your dashboard. Search for one thing like “add new launch” or “add a brand new track.”
- Fill in all the necessities, together with track title, artist identify, album title, artwork cowl, lyrics, and track preview.
- An important half is to pick TikTok as a launch platform for distribution.
- Wait on your launch to be processed and accepted by your distributor. It could take a couple of days to seem on TikTok’s music library, so be affected person.
Importing your music through a distributor takes extra time than doing it via the app, however you’ll be featured within the music library, and it’ll be simpler for creators to seek out your songs and for the distributor to gather your royalties.
Step 3. Let everybody know your music is on TikTok.
After you have your music on TikTok, let everybody learn about it by creating and sharing movies and asking your followers to create their very own utilizing your track. The identical day your songs go stay on TikTok, create movies with totally different content material to see what your followers like.
You possibly can create a problem prematurely to have them prepared when your songs are launched.
You’ve your music on TikTok. What’s subsequent?
Your songs can be obtainable as quickly as you launch your music on TikTok. So, it’s time to create content material utilizing your greatest songs. Listed here are some concepts for content material you should utilize to advertise your music on TikTok and have enjoyable.
Challenges have turn into the pattern for each new music launch and a very good approach for artists to attach with their followers. Challenges are available many shapes and kinds: apart from the normal singing and dancing contests, you may get inventive and ask your followers to remix your track, lip-sing, or report themselves doing a social exercise along with your music within the background.
Everytime you add a video along with your new launch, create a novel hashtag to offer your track a particular which means and identification within the platform. Folks can use this customized hashtag to seek out your content material and music. Lastly, make sure you use all the suitable hashtags associated to your music style and magnificence.
Share your every day life
Give your followers a snippet of your life within the studio, behind the scenes of the manufacturing course of, to make your followers observe the method and really feel like they’re a part of it. Or you possibly can share one thing about your life: present them your inventive, extra intimate, and susceptible facet should you really feel prefer it.
Followers wish to perceive what’s behind your lyrics and creativity, and one of the best ways to take action is to indicate them who you actually are.
Collaborate with different creators
Collaborating with different musicians or influencers, particularly if they’ve a wider viewers than yours, can put your music in entrance of hundreds of thousands of customers shortly and effectively. You possibly can collaborate with different creators worldwide utilizing TikTok’s Duet and Sew options.
Have you ever ever watched a video on TikTok and thought, “Wow! I might add my voice to this instrumental track,” or do your guitar rendition of a violin track, or possibly you similar to the singer a lot you want to sing with them?
With Duet, you possibly can publish your video side-by-side with one other one. The 2 movies will play concurrently on a split-screen. You possibly can create your video and ask different musicians to affix you with their most well-liked instrument or create a contest the place your followers do a canopy of your track.
To allow Duet in your profile, you will need to:
- Have a public account to permit different creators to duet with you.
- Choose your privateness settings between Everybody or Buddies.
- Everybody means any person in TikTok would be capable to create a Duet video. For instance, should you’re doing a contest with all of your followers.
- Buddies will enable solely the folks you might be following and observe you again.
Let’s create a Duet video
- Discover the video you wish to Duet.
- Faucet on Share.
- Choose Duet on the backside of the display screen.
- Decide a filming choice from the facet panel.
- To start and finish your recording, hit the File button.
- Faucet the checkmark while you’re executed along with your video.
- Modify settings and add a caption. Bear in mind to make use of hashtags!
- Submit the video.
One other device that means that you can use one other person’s video is Sew. By enabling it, you enable others to make use of a portion of your video for theirs. It’s ideally suited for competitions the place you possibly can introduce the problem and let your followers and followers apply it to their movies, adopted by their video response.
While you Sew a video, the movies received’t play concurrently, however one after the opposite. Strive importing part of your music video and alluring your followers to affix in utilizing Sew to interact with them and get to know them. It could flip right into a collaborative music video along with your followers.
To allow Sew in your profile:
- Make your profile public.
- Then select between the two privateness settings.
- Everybody to permit any person to sew your video.
- Buddies enable solely those that you observe and observe you again.
Let’s Sew a video
- Decide a video you wish to Sew.
- Faucet the Share icon to open the underside menu.
- Choose Sew from the underside menu.
- Choose the video portion you want to Sew and faucet Subsequent.
- File your video as standard and edit it.
- Faucet on the test mark to complete your a part of the video.
- Edit your video, add textual content, results, or stickers, and faucet Subsequent.
- Write a caption, add hashtags, and publish it.
If you wish to flip your newest monitor into the following TikTok hit, first, you have to get your music on TikTok after which perceive probably the most related instruments within the platform that will help you succeed.
Begin by importing your music as sound on TikTok or discovering a distributor to add your albums and future releases. Then give you a content material plan and technique to share your music. Interact with followers and different musicians or influencers to collaborate to succeed in extra folks that may like your track, share it, and make it go viral.